Thursday, May 31, 2012

Bird Bathed

On one of my many trips to my local Goodwill, while scouring the shelves for something interesting I found a bird bath. Okay, so technically it was a plate drilled to what might be a table leg, but I'm good at looking past those hindrances and into the potential of something. If someone took the time to drill a plate to a table leg than why shouldn't I take the time to spruce it up.

Here's what it looked like before:
Awkward photo, but you get the idea. 
I cleaned it up, painted and had intended to add a bird made from Sculpey. But, because that seemed boring I replaced it with an elephant because it's my  bird bath and I can do anything want to it damn it! Here's the redeux:



If only I could get water to shoot from it's nose
A lovely addition to the mod-podge of things that is my back yard.  Hopefully the little elephant doesn't scare away any actual birds, I would really like this it be a functional piece rather than a statue of a bird bath.  



No comments:

Post a Comment