Monday, October 29, 2012

Halloween Costumes!

It's raining! And I'm drinking, time for a blog! On Saturday night me and my friends got together for a Halloween/My Birthday party and party'd it up costumed style. Me and Anthony went as Peter Pan and Captain Hook. Right away I started looking in Goodwill for pieces for our costumes. Perhaps I hadn't thought things through in the beginning because if I had I would have realized that there is no such thing as a long red men's coat. All there is, especially in Goodwill, are red 1980's women's coats which were pretty much the opposite of what I was looking for. So I had to make most of our costumes from different pieces from goodwill. 

This used to be a really nice polo.
Pirat-ification process. 
Peter Pan beginnings 

I had to make a pirate hat because guess what? I'm not paying 20 bucks for one! Spirit of Halloween shame on you.  This was once an ugly women's sun hat. To make the trim I crocheted two chains of yarn and hot glued it around the edge and then hot glued the sides up to make it more piratey and less lady on a beachy.

Peter  Pan hat.
This was the easiest to make. I just googled a how to make a Peter pan hat and BAM made one. Put all these parts together and you get:

And this:


So there you have it! Our totally mind blowing costumes! Now back to drinking and looking at the storm roll in. WOOO! 




No comments:

Post a Comment